What causes halitosis? Halitosis, also more commonly known as bad breath, is a treatable condition caused by bacteria in your mouth that produce a foul odor, causing your breath to stink. Halitosis can be the result of a plethora of factors, so take note of what you may be doing that is worsening your symptoms. Listed below are some common causes of bad breath:
– Bad breath can be caused by plaque buildup.
– Bad breath can be caused by underlying diseases and illness such as gum disease.
– Bad breath can be caused by disease and irregular conditions through the body, including liver problems, kidney problems, and respiratory tract infections.
– Bad breath can be caused by medications that produce dry mouth symptoms.
– Bad breath can be caused by a bad diet full of unhealthy foods.
– Bad breath can be caused by improper oral health hygiene habits or lack thereof.
– If you have dentures, make sure to wash them every day or they can begin to accumulate bacteria that cause bad breath.
Dr. Chris Freed at Canton Dental Clinic wants to ensure your smile shines no matter what condition it is in. Please contact our dentist office in Canton, South Dakota, by calling us at 605-987-2721. Your smile is our business!