Do you wish there was a way to breeze through your orthodontic treatment without any worries? Well, we are happy to grant your wish! With these tips and tricks, you will have the pleasant and successful experience you are looking for with your braces:
1. Don’t forget your toothbrush and toothpaste. It is very easy to get food stuck in your braces after you eat, which could be very embarrassing and unattractive if you leave it be. If you brush your teeth after eating, you will never have to worry about those embarrassing moments that make your experience with braces negative and uncomfortable.
2. Make sure you have your floss with you! Flossing is a very important part of your oral hygiene routine, and it is also beneficial when your toothbrush can’t seem to free the food stuck between your teeth. If you floss, your smile will be clean and beautiful in no time.
3. Don’t forget your orthodontic wax. Sometimes braces can cause some pain and discomfort, but with orthodontic wax, you will feel comfortable and confident throughout the day!
4. There are times when your lips become chapped because of your braces, so don’t forget your chapstick! If you wear your chapstick, your lips will be smooth and fresh, giving you the comfort and appearance you are looking for.
5. Keep a mirror with you. There are going to be times when you can’t take a trip to the restroom to check your braces. If you have a mirror with you, you can check your braces at any time and there won’t be a need for the extra visits to the ladies and boys rooms.
6. If you are an athlete or musician, don’t forget your mouth guard! Mouth guards are convenient appliances that protect your teeth, lips, cheeks, and tongue while you are playing sports and instruments.
7. Most importantly, don’t forget to smile! Even if you’re self-conscious, don’t be afraid to show off your beautiful, stunning smile. Braces are very common, and people actually notice your mouth more if you try and hide your smile, so there is no need to be ashamed of your braces!
To learn more tips and tricks to having braces, we encourage you to call our office today and talk to your orthodontist. We are happy to help you have the best possible experience with braces!